Friday, October 24, 2008

Cookie magazine and a little blanket...

I don't do a lot of decorating during summertime, got so many other things to do. With fall comes the urge to fix things and clean everything. And then Joanna Goddard writes me an email asking if she could do a house tour and interview on Cookie magazine . What a great way to start redecorating by seeing all the pictures of the appartment. See it all here, and when you are there take a look at some of the other house tours, there are some great ones.

I decided I was gonna make a little project for the bathroom floor. We needed something for our feet when stepping out of the shower. It had to be small enough to dry quickly and not take a lot of space in the washing machine.



It turned out I had some fabric in my stash that was not all natural fibers. Since I only use natural fibers in my clothing I really had no use for it, Except "not all natural fibers" is actually a good thing for a project like this. So this is what happened: a big granny square made with a gigantic crochet needle. It works perfect...

Oh ... The floor in the picture above is from the restroom at the studio. I really like it, and would wish we had the same floor and light in our bathroom here in the appartment.

6 comments:

Haust said...

For ein god idé! Kjempefin baderomsmatte! :)

Maria Ådahl said...

Oj, vad fint det blev! Tror faktiskt jag ska prova detta hemma.

Fin och insprierande blogg du har förresten!

Ulrika said...

Men vad roligt att få komma och hälsa på hemma hos er, Mette! Vilket fint hem! Och den lilla mattan är helt underbar!
kram från Ulli

Jimin said...

congrats! your house is beautiful.

Jeannette said...

What a great idea! Love it.
Warm greetings, Jeannette

jill said...

oh no, your house tour is gone. i saw your kitchen on door sixteen and would love to see the rest. is it posted anywhere else on the web?

thanks!