Saturday, August 16, 2008

Let me introduce "THE OFFICE" ...

This week I finished the office area in my studio. This is where I hang out with all the other secretarys giggling and drinking latte and discussing the last night downtown... well its not quite like that... You see, John just bought all the episodes of sex and the city, and I think we have just watched a few too many. In real life this place is mostly used for reflecting and once in a while a little book keeping ( yak... ). Normally I need a little time to consider how my work is progessing. Should the colour be different, maybe the shape or...
Or maybe my head just gets blank. Then I look in old folders filled with ideas. Some are good but has that "something" missing, some I thought was bad, but then something happened and it evolved into something else and certainly to a lot better and then there are some, that just doesn´t make any sense, but that I still keep because maybe in the future they will make sense. Am I making any sense...




The different cabinets are all thrifted except the one on the right side of the table. That one is from Ikea and holds my printer and other technical stuff. On the left side of the table I have all the transformators for Ipods, PC, kamera etc (very practical). I also collect information I need for some project and leave them hanging on little hooks.




I like my desktop to be rather empty... At least before I start new project. I have a few things to make the place a little cosy. The plant because it is just nice not to be the only thing alive around the place, and a little sign to remind me of how dark and unpractical my old studio was... And how much I just love this place, my new studio, just perfect.




Oh yes, the last picture... dinner : Tabbouleh with melon and tomatoes... Served on one of my favorit plates. Have a nice weekend


11 comments:

lisa said...

looks amazing! everything you do is great. you are a source of inspiration to me.

JTay said...

looks great!

Ulrika said...

Mycket fint! Tänk vilka idéer du ska få där! Önskar jag också hade plats för ett sånt ställe!

Anonymous said...

Love those fresh colors, together with white. Enjoy your new space!

Merruli said...

Hi, I think I haven't commented here before, even though I regularly visit your blog and enjoy your work in it.But this one I really need to comment. I just adore your new studio. Very inspiring!

I wish you many happy working hours in your studio!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely space you created for yourself!!

Line said...

beautiful space - so well organized - and I love the "arkivskap" and its patina.

sara said...

vilket fint ställe. Härligt härligt!

erika said...

the studi looks great, I lovethe colours, the green makes it look fresh and light!

Anonymous said...

älskar det, gillar industri stilen mycket.

Anonymous said...

In love with those fresh green tones...