Monday, November 26, 2007

Time for being practical....again...

I finished Seths' new winter suit.... Just in time, because it is getting rather cold here. I couldn't find one I liked, so I had to sew one myself. I wanted one soft enough for him to move around, and I didn't find it necessary that it could cope with minus 35 degrees Celsius and wear and tear of the toughest military outfit. If he has to crawl around in mud pools - not really my plan - then he just wears extra pair of pants made of water proof beaver nylon. He is not even one year yet... I used some of the leftover fleece to make the small mittens... really easy and a really good idea... I keep the rest of the fleece... 'cause we will sure lose them over and over again...


16 comments:

Molly FitzGerald said...

i love all of this wee-winter-wear...beautiful, cute, cozy-looking, and most importantly functional! i too have a baby boy in need of cold weather attire. i've just started to read your blog and it is so very lovely-- you've got really good ideas.

Kate Neckel said...

beautiful...wish i had your talent! hope you're well...!

Jimin said...

look so cozy and warm, beautiful as always...

Line said...

It is beautiful! The cuffs are such a great idea - my son refuses to wear big gloves when he plays outside, cuffs would be better than nothing ...

sarahjane said...

oh my goodness, that snowsuit is gorgeous! good work.

Anonymous said...

Mette den er skøn. Jeg er vild med dit børnetøj, når jeg har fået vores lillesøster i armene, så skal du se mig shoppe, indtil da holder jeg igen.
Fleecen har da en helt unik farve, hvor er den fra? Er snitten eget eller fra noget tilgængeligt?

lisa said...

as always you blow me away with your creativity! you dont happen to have a pattern for the little snow suit? i would love to make one for my little girl. it could never look as good as yours... but i would like to give it a try.

lisa said...

oh and that little chubby hand is adorable....,,,

Anonymous said...

Hvor er du bare GOD! (Igen, igen!)
Super farver, super idé....
Knus

hus och torp said...

Väldigt fin.

kwillmetta said...

So lovely...you will need to post a picture of Seth in his cozy suit. Seriously, could you post your pattern? Something like this would be so good for my nephew. Michigan gets rather cold too.

Di said...

It really is cool! I love the colours and the style! I also like the little fleecy wrist warmers - very cute! I am sure Seth will look good!

Anonymous said...

Cutest snow suit ever! I love your color choices, too.

shelly said...

Lovely snowsuit! Any plans to make a few more and sell them on your other site?

Anonymous said...

Cute suit! Makes me want to be little again... ;)

Anonymous said...

très joli...